Extension of time for filing annual return
Section 343 of the Companies Act 2014 requires that a company must file its annual return in the CRO within 28 days of its annual return date. A failure to do so amounts to a category 3 offence. The 28-day time limit is strictly applied and cannot be extended by the CRO. Where the return is not made within the requisite 28 days then it is necessary to make an application to the court under section 343(5) of the Companies Act 2014 (formerly section 127(3) of the Companies Act 1963) for an order extending the time to make the annual return. Where several returns remain outstanding then it is possible to obtain an order for each of them in the same application rather than making a separate application for each one.
We specialise in making applications of this kind. If you are a company director, secretary or solicitor/accountant on behalf of a company then please contact us for further information.
Our service includes:
- Arranging a consultation with you.
- Instructing Counsel to review documentation, carry out necessary research and enquiries.
- Instructing Counsel to draft the necessary court papers.
- Instructing a solicitor to represent you in the court proceedings (if you do not already have a solicitor).
- Instructing both Counsel and a solicitor to attend the High Court to make the application.
Price: €1,450 plus VAT
Price for Counsel only: €950 plus VAT*
*This option is suitable if you are a solicitor or already have a solicitor and only wish to instruct one of our specialist Counsel.